Mark LaFay con Drones for Dummies
Drones For Dummies
From the Back Cover
- Pick the perfect drone to suit your needs
- Properly set up, fly, and maintain your drone
- Capture video and images using the latest technologies
- Follow the FAA rules and regulations for flying unmanned aircraft
Get the best advice on how to pick the perfect drone, set it up, and successfully take flight!
Ready to soar into the world of unmanned aircraft? This fun and accessible guide offers everything you need to get up, up, and away with UAVs. Inside, you′ll find expert guidance on purchasing the right drone for your needs, ways to use a drone, how to mind your Ps and Qs with drone etiquette (yes, it′s a real thing), and much more!
- Keep both feet on the ground assemble and set up your drone, test the remote controls, optimize your camera settings, and avoid imminent dangers before you take flight
- Take to the sky find tips on the best ways to launch your drone indoors or out, in populated areas, at night, or in sub–optimal weather conditions
- Spread your wings get the lowdown on flight basics, from flying with handheld RF control to working with smart devices and everything in between
- Such great heights make the most of the aerial photos and videos your drone captured, whether you want to import footage and stills as is, or edit and stabilize them with software
Open the book and find:
- Guidance on picking the best drone for you
- A plain English explanation of your drone′s parts
- How to stay safe with your drone
- No fly zones and governance with the FAA
- A must–have pre–flight checklist
- Tips on choosing where and when to fly
- How to correct shaky footage
- The best ways to work with aerial images
- Ten things you shouldn′t do with your drone
Mark LaFay is a tenured entrepreneur. He started two successful businesses in the music industry, and he is the co–founder of Lectio and Roust. Mark is also the author of Chromebook for Dummies.